Friday, April 20, 2007

Some news updates. (:

Hi, let me self introduce myself to you all. I'm Jason, (another new administrator for this blog =D), you can can me Jason or by my Chinese initials, X². You will see my initials more often after each post I've made. I'm a student from a Polytechnic, who loves programming, web/video/graphic designing, etc. I've also created my personal website, do check it out (: A contact form will be made during my first week of holiday. I will be posting on mostly about Technology. Not all though...
Enough of self introduction.. Let's get to serious business.

It's a pretty old news, but I doubt everyone have read it or heard of it.

I assume that everyone has heard of Buzz Lightyears and his famous quote, yeah? This is something that sounds perhaps exactly alike, or perhaps not. Whatever it's... ...

Yahoo is going infinity and beyond. Enjoy infinite mail storage after they update everything. The current space is 1Gb, similar to the current Hotmail. But after May 2007, Yahoo will be infinite times better than the upcoming Windows Live Hotmail that gives free users 2Gb of space, and paid users 4Gb of space. Isn't this wonderful? I can't wait for it.
Here's the news.
Enjoy (:

Windows Live Messenger is going for an upgrade after its current version 8.1. No news of whether they are going to change a new UI to suit all Windows Live services better or whether there'll be a version specially made for Windows Vista. Some users are awaiting for the team to make an edition for Windows Vista just like what Yahoo! has done - created a messenger specially made for Windows Vista. Though it's not out publicly, there's screenshots and video of the messenger itself.
During valentine's day and even the 12th of April post, the Windows Live Messenger Team said that they are trying to add these features in and improve on them though it's no guarantee that you will see all features they said. Thanks to users who requested those features to be improved and be added into Windows Live Messenger.

Features to be improved:

  • More Messenger Customization (Skins, emoticons, winks, games)
  • More feature in Mac Messenger (Go here for more information about Mac Messenger)
  • Better Auto-Update
  • Better text customization in IM (More font colors, better bold/italic support)
  • Better Vista Integration
  • New features that you want:

        • Custom Animated Display Pictures
        • Ability to show different status to different people or groups
        • Make it easy to search for other messenger users
        • Multiway Video Calling
        • Display picture history
        • Tabbed Windows
        • Save IM conversations into Hotmail
        • Spell Check
        • Phone calls, ability to buy a phone number and have it go to Messenger.
        • Have all Messenger clients work together.
    Have fun (:

    Cheers!

    No comments:

    MSN Messenger 2.0